Friday, April 19, 2013

Consistency

This month is Camp NaNoWriMo, which is kind of a NaNoWriMo where you set your own goal. Fortunate for me because 50K words is way out of the realm of what I could do. 10K words, on the other hand, that I can manage.

The cool thing is, I am managing it. I'm not necessarily writing every day, but I am writing consistently, and finding some benefits to that consistency. For instance, the writing is easier, both to get into and to finish. What I write flows better, sounds better to me, and is going over better with my writing group. Not that I've gone through the exercise yet of reading out loud, but I'd guess the things I'm writing now will sound better out loud. I'm getting a better idea of my characters, and remembering them better. Oh, and my secondary characters actually have personalities because the primary characters are more cemented, leaving me mental space to give secondary characters some attention.

Best of all, I'm having more fun writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment