Thursday, November 1, 2012

Last day before NaNoWriMo

Last year I attempted NaNoWriMo. I didn't make it, but I did write 12,000 new words and I'm still working on the project and still loving it. The fact that I'm still working on it and still loving it is pretty much the reason I'm not doing NaNo. I don't want to abandon this story to work on another. I really do believe that finishing this (&*@$) thing will make me a better writer, and I do want to be a better writer. Thus, this blog :)

So, instead of NaNo-ing on a new book, I'm going to work on the old one and just post daily word counts. I'm aiming for 500 words a day, which will work out to 15,000 new words in Library Creatures (the kind of holdover title of my WIP). That's more than I managed last year and will just about double what I have so far.

Not that I have any readers (ha!) but I'll be posting my word counts daily here for some "public" accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment